Wednesday 5 December 2018



Good Morning Gentlemen golfers of West Oxfordshire

Several things to get through today so I will go in the order they happen


27 played in the Yellow Ball roll up yesterday a pretty pleasant day but getting to be wet under foot. The greens were frosty and pretty inconsistent at the start but had sorted themselves out by 10:30

Winners were John Watt, Brian Rollerson and Graham Simpson with 143 points
second were Ken Gregory Barry Lund and myself with less (a lot less)

Six heroes (several of whom are pre war) played 9 holes and there game was won by Ron Deacon.

Just an aside to the 9 holers if Ron keeps winning someone will need to nobble him

Tomorrow's weather forecast is looking rather poor (but so was todays and it doesn't look too bad as I sit here). Already people are contacting me with can I put them in and contacting me with can I scrub them and thats before I've even produced the start sheet
SO TOMORROWS MEDAL IS A ROLL UP
  That should eliminate the need to juggle the tee times in the morning. I'll post the sheet in the Sports Bar later today

I wont be playing tomorrow ( ask Doug Keen he knows why) but I think Rod will be back.
Tomorrow should be a qualifier but the course is set up pretty short at the moment and someone needs to make a decision about if it is OK.

Last but not least only half the UBoat matches were played in November, that is OK we still have time to catch up but that is scheduled for next Thursday the FIRST ROUND GAMES MUST BE PLAYED BY CHRISTMAS

See you all next week


No comments:

Post a Comment