Thursday 12 October 2017

Good Evening Golfers

Another lovely day today, a great day for a walk, unfortunately whacking a little white ball around for 4 hours got a little bit dispiriting today. I normally struggle putting and when I saw the state of the greens I thought well everyone will be in the same boat as me on the greens today. Probably true but as a compensating factor my chipping was diabolical, so no real advantage.

Due to the maintenance work the greens  were bad and after the game we discussed that this had happened the last few years for the Masters so we will look at moving the date forward next year to try and avoid it.

Congratulations to Peter Burdon for putting together a winning round today, Peter seems to keep his best golf for these big occasions while the rest of us struggle to keep our game together.


Next week we have two Roll Ups and I will set up an Individual Stableford for Tuesday but I wont take a decision on whether its a qualifier or not until we see the state of the greens. Thursday we will have a team game as we havent had one for some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment