Tuesday 14 November 2017


Good Afternoon,

A couple of housekeeping matters first.

I did advise that I would run the player draw this morning between 8.10 to 8.15. However when I arrived at 8.12 this had already commenced. Unfortunately this lead to a large degree of uncertainty of who was playing with who and at what time. Steve Aldren thought he was drawn out, but was unaware of the timings or indeed who he was playing with. No body had completed the start sheet.
He therefore thought that he had not been drawn out and was put into another group, before the confusion was sorted out

So although it was a kind gesture from whoever commenced the draw, I must ask that we follow my directions on these matters to avoid any misunderstandings. As I said I was there at 8.12, our first tee time is 8.30 so there was no need to commence the draw before I got there

The second point the club have asked me to restate is that all golfers must sign in at reception. Those seniors that do not wish to join with their colleagues in playing from 8.30 must book a time time themselves, they cannot just tee off without a tee time.

So on to less onerous matters, the Texas Scramble, where 27 turned out.
I have had positive feedback on this competition, I think most enjoyed it and it does give the opportunity to try shots that you would not necessarily try during a medal.

The result was very close with 3 groups all returning to the club house with a score of 64. In the Witney Lakes Seniors we do not operate a system of decimal points in these competitions therefore a handicap of 9.3 is a handicap of 9 , for future reference. So the winners were decided on count back.

The winners who had a stunning last two holes of gross Birdies where Martin Buckingham, Roger Laban and Chris Hatherly

Results
1st Martin Buckingham, Roger Laban & Chris Hatherly    Net  64 (on CB)
2nd John Alexander, Malcolm Saunders & Gerry Webb     Net 64 (on CB)
3rd Richard Gent, Bob Kirkwood & Rod Rapley                 Net 64 (on CB)




No comments:

Post a Comment